FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS INFRARED?
Infrared is found in nature and is necessary light for life. All living things need it to grow and flourish.
• Nature brings us infrared light. It’s the healthy, healing rays that come from the sun. You’ve felt infrared your entire life. When you sit next to a fire or feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. Infrared also helps plants bloom - just the right amount helps stems grow fast and strong.
• Sunlight is 52-55% infrared. It’s all the good parts of the sun’s healing light.
• The experience of an infrared treatment is similar to sunbathing, giving you that wonderful natural warmth. Unlike sunbathing, infrared heat therapy is completely healthy and safe. You can relax in an infrared sauna and it will never cause your skin to burn.
Infrared is part of a natural spectrum.
• Remember the first time you saw a prism transform light into a rainbow of visible light? Infrared is the invisible light just outside the prism next to red light, thus the name “infra (below)” + “red.”
• Infrared consists of 3 wavelengths: near, mid and far.
• Visible light and infrared are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, a continuum of light waves organized by how they interact with matter. Scientists explain infrared as a safe, gentle form that brings many good, healthy things to earth and human beings.
Infrared heats the body directly rather than simply heating the air.
• Infrared penetrates human tissue, and the energy it delivers is just the right nudge cells need to stimulate warmth, growth and release.
• Infrared is effective at a low, soothing temperature.
• It is completely healthy and safe for all living things. It’s even used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
To enable infrared to penetrate tissues as deep as possible, we recommend wearing as little as possible. A cotton towel, gym shorts /+ sports bra or swimsuit are perfect options.
WHEN WILL I START SWEATING?
Sweat levels are different for everyone. Don’t be surprised if you don’t sweat during the first few sessions. Sweating will increase with regular use. Even if your body is not drenched in sweat, your body is still detoxifying from harmful toxins. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water before your session. If you are dehydrated, you will not sweat as much.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY TREATMENT?
• Wait at least 1-2 hours after eating before beginning an infrared sauna session.
• Hydrate with a minimum of 8 ounces of water to prepare for an increase in core body temperature.
• Rehydrate with 8 to 24 oz. of water or electrolyte drink to replenish fluids after your session.